Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Workaround for Maya Rendering....

When I was working on my thesis and really in a crunch, I had a problem where it wasn't batch rendering properly. I never figured out what went wrong, but in a pinch this bit of code does the trick. It basically cycles through your entire timeline, does test renders and copies them to the images folder in a folder called "temp"

Yeah it's a hack. But it works!

for($i = 0; $i<(yourNumberOfFrames); ++$;)
currentTime('currentTime -q' +1);
renderIntoNewWindow render;

UPDATE: I did a bit of poking around and found an article I wrote for the UnrealWiki on creating captureVolumes for the Unreal engine. Go check it out at here:


No comments: