Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Glasses Redux...

This exercise always bothered me, so I decided to go back to it. Tings I was thinking about were simplicity and figuring out how to avoid giving him "pivot butt" by keeping him locked in the seat.

Recently I've started to try simplifying the number and frequency of keys I have in my animation until I hit the polish phase. I think it's pretty easy to get caught up in the details while you're in IP (in progress phase of animating). However, like drawing, if you don't have good structure to begin with, you're not going to have much of anything in the end.

Something else interesting. The "before polish" was at the beginning of m Pixar 2 class. The "after" is now, after having taken the whole class.

Please note I dont think this version is completely finished. There still needs to be some breaking up of the body, but overall I'm happier with how I solved it.


WITH:


Glasses_withPolish from Graham Ross on Vimeo.

WITHOUT:


Glasses_noPolish from Graham Ross on Vimeo.

No comments: